Thursday, January 12, 2006

Oracle Fusion

I was uncertain with the way Orcl will be achieving its Fusion goal. But after reading the Blog of John Wookey, Orcl Exec Vice Pres. I better change my perception. This man has vision. One of the most important aspects of future ERP systems is going to be the powerful front office tools that form a part of the ERP system. Everyone of us is looking forward to this and John did talk about this in his blog. The other aspect which I never realized was the importance of training. John spoke about that too. He talked about future training systems as an on-project guide. This is important because I could be hiring a HR personnel because my organization has a vacancy for that position because the previous employee has left. The person who I hire for this role could satisfy all the requirements to fit that position but he might not have MY ERP experience. Hence a sophisticated ERP trainer is required. The ERP system must have a training instance, where the new employee can practice his job. Then when he works on the real system the system must be able to provide him suggestions/tips for his duties. He could be needed to recruit a new resource, for this when the user searches for "RECRUIT" or any word with this the system must provide all the links and suggestions. After the user goes into the proper page where he can hire an employee, the system should be able to walk him thruoghh the entire process of recruiting an employee.

This will save a lot of time. My organization will not face a downtime required to train the new employee.

But the reason why I did not look at the above mentioned training product could be that I was thinking that ERP could be far less compliated than the current systems.

Current ERPs being complicated is ofcourse agreed upon by other big fellows in the market. For reference read the link given below.

http://www.workday.com/today.html (By WORKDAY, started by Dave x-CEO of PplSft)

But I can still see a bright future for aspiring Entrepreuners, they can look at both the products mentioned above.

1. ERP Trainer.

2. ERP

I feel strongly it is just the beggining of a new era, where developers can aspire to control the future. Atleast for the last decade all the companies started in India were Consulting and Services based organizations. Now I personally know a lot of a ERP companies started in India, although they are small with some guidance and proper goals they should be able to achieve what non of the service based organizations in India could dream of.

Disclaimer: The views mentioned above are strictly mine, I do not expect anybody to concur with it.

With Regard to my earlier post, I have recieved complaints that the Customization Analyzer.zip is in a format which is not extractable.

To make life simpler I'm posting the links where you can download the non-zipped files,

http://www.fileul.com/view.php?file=0tfLFGv (This is the application. I have changed the file extension to be ".doc", kindly change this to ".exe")

http://www.fileul.com/view.php?file=P9pZdIlM (This is the help file.)

http://www.fileul.com/view.php?file=D5bPSlfN (This is the ActiveX component required by the application. For further information read the help document. I've again changed the extension of the file from ".ocx" to ".doc". Kindly do the reverse)

For any further information contact, nextrevolutioninerp@yahoo.com.

No comments: